17 Jul 2012

Manga industury is dying, we need someone create new business model

 Youtube friend "TheMistaBuck" comment on my Youtube video... this topic is interesting... so I pasted in my blog.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wLnqk7dGH8


TheMistaBuck's Comment:

    I wish there was still manga magazines in the US (like the ones at 04:21 ). Every magazine either got cancelled, or became digital-only magazines. For example, There was a English version of "Weekly Shonen Jump", but Viz (the US publisher) stopped with print manga, and went to digital only publishing. I really hope that one day, Manga magazines will make a comeback in the US :(

My Comments:

TheMistaBuck.
You are right !!! I'm totally agree with you! Same thing happening in Japan too. Many manga magazines disappeared, or became digital-only. For me, I would rather read a manga on paper than on screen. I rather pay to buy a real thing (paper manga) in real world, than pay to read virtual paper on screen.
 
Many publisher believe digital is the solution to save Manga. But I think. digital is only a tools, it's not the solution.

Manga industury is dying, not because of how it made(paper or digital , color or B&W) We need someone create new business model, provide a platform like AKB48 group.
Music industury is dying too, but the best-selling albums are AKB48(SKE,MNB)'s songs.
 
Maybe we need to promote manga artister more, and links many media to manga. And pay back to artister, give artister more oppuntity to do more event, etc...drawing performance. Or cooperation with other industory. Design character for soft drink or candy products.

And... also give artister in different age more chance to work... instead of "Use new teenage author/artister only" and "Use And Throw Away".





Maybe....oneday I can create a compny to buid this platform.

1 comment:

  1. oh my god! thank you so much for referencing me in your blog! ♥♥

    ReplyDelete